Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some Digital Paintings I've created in 2009/2010




In case you were wondering what I mean by digital paintings, here are three examples of some previous works I created last year around this time using Adobe Photoshop and a Wacom Tablet. I've been going back to my childhood dreams of drawing Sci Fi cities and scenes and I'm working on more Science Fiction cities and I will upload those when I get some more time. They were really fun to create! They take a while, but they are worth it. I wish I had this technology when I was a child! I created the two cityscapes over a year ago and Lucy was created about 4 months ago. Yes, I know the cityscapes look like Tron. They were inspired by the original 1982 movie and the Miami Skyline. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. Needless to say, I was blown away by the new Legacy movie; in fact, humbled at the brilliance of the city designs. I can't believe the movie was not nominated for best Art Direction! Lucy is actually a digital painting of Lucy Westenra, from Brom Stoker's Dracula. The image is of a famous supermodel. Anyone know the name of the model? If you want, you can purchase the cityscapes by contacting me or by visiting this link....

http://jameshillgallery.deviantart.com/

Thank you for reading! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, the models name is Lily Cole, she was in some bad St. Trinian's movie a few years back. I'm not a massive fan of hers but you captured her features so well and made her look very attractive, great work!

    If you get the time please check out my blog, I've just got into traditional drawing and would be grateful for any pointers, thanks!

    ReplyDelete